Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lee Tai Tai

The name change game. To change or not to change, that is the question.

First, I'll give you a little background.  Everyone always calls me Miss Lindsay Moore, regardless of if they have just met me or if they've known me for a while.  When I asked a good friend why everyone calls me that, she said "Because it's your email?."  Oh silly girl!  What about people that don't know my email address?  She said that it was fancy, formal, fun, and it flowed together seamlessly.  Hello alliteration station!  I've always liked it as well.  I feel that it gives me a certain aire.

So...I'm getting married.  Am I changing my name?

YES.

Why? Because I love my future husband and his last name (even if it is pretty common).  I don't want to confuse anyone, especially any future little ones. I also love the sound of 'Lindsay Lee.'  It's cute and fun, don't you think?  Lastly, I want to show my dedication to him by making us more unified as a family.

So there will be paperwork upon paperwork, hassles, and dealing with disgruntled government workers.  Am I going to let that stop me?  Nope!

In June of next year, I will officially be Lee Tai Tai (Mrs. Lee)!

1 comment: